The Raindrop Technique is a beautifully simple yet deeply rejuvenating treatment involving the application of genuine essential oils to the feet, spine and back with massage techniques to promote deep relaxation and restoration. The effects of the treatment can be profound, and can include deep relaxation, pain relief, release of pent up emotions, and immune system strengthening.
After spending some time with Lakota Indians, Gary Young (founder of Young Living Essential Oils) became fascinated by the history of one of their traditional ceremonies. Long ago, before the establishment of the current border system, these American Indians would travel north into Canada at the time when the Aurora Borealis was most active. They would stand with their arms outstretched, inhaling deeply and “breathing in” the electricity and energy of the Aurora Borealis, and then “breathing” it back out through their spine. Many illnesses and injuries were healed during these trips, all attributed to the healing energy of the Aurora Borealis. Once the borders were established, and the people could no longer travel to the site, they attempted to re-create the experience in ceremony. As one person stood with arms outstretched, another would stand behind them and perform feather strokes up the spine, energizing and awakening the healing energy within the receiver. Gary Young realized that this technique, combined with the healing energy and frequency of genuine essential oils, would be able to achieve amazing results.
There are very few contraindications for Raindrop Technique, just about anyone can receive this powerful treatment. Before experiencing Raindrop Technique, there are just a few points to be aware of to get the most out of your experience:
1.The Purpose of Raindrop Technique is to stimulate every organ, muscle and bone of the body at a cellular level through the oils, boosting the immune system, bringing the body into structural/electrical balance, and enabling the release of toxins or disease wherever they may be lodged including those illnesses lodged in the mind and emotions. Raindrop Technique is a non-secular art and science.
2. Raindrop Technique is mostly effectively performed in silence with no talking. This allows the facilitator to concentrate and serve as a better channel while allowing the client to internalize their thoughts and assist in healing process. If talking is necessary, it should be quietly or in a whisper. Both facilitator and client are encouraged to engage in Raindrop with an attitude of prayer, acknowledging our Creator as the source of all health and well-being, and seeking His guidance at all times.
3. The Client is the principle participant in their own healing. The Facilitator is but a vessel assisting the client to mobilize their own healing powers. The client should internalize or center themselves and feel the body as it adjusts and corrects itself. The client should breathe deeply and in a relaxed fashion.
4. The maladies of the Body and Mind are in layers. During any given Raindrop session only those layers the client is ready and willing to release will be released-both physical and emotional. Negative experiences are often our greatest teachers. That is the reason we sometimes hold on to them-because we still have something to learn from them. When the client feels something ready to be released, this affirmation is suggested: “I lovingly and willingly release that which no longer serves me in a positive and progressive way.”
5. Raindrop Technique is a complete modality, in and of itself, that reaches to all levels of the body, mind and emotions. In general, its results are not improved when additional modalities are added or inserted during a raindrop session. The objective of Raindrop is to awaken the receiver’s internal healing powers and any external manipulation at the time of the raindrop session interferes with that objective. Raindrop Technique alone is sufficient to awaken the self-healing powers of the client and does so in a way that delivers optimal benefit according to the readiness and willingness of the client at the time of treatment. At the completion of a Raindrop Technique session the client will have been lifted to a delicate state of balance and receptivity to healing energies. Employing additional modalities at that time can upset that balance and reduce the healing potential. While acupuncture, allopathy, chiropractic, reflexology, and other therapeutic modalities can be enhanced when employed with essential oils, Raindrop Technique is generally best when done by itself. If needed or desired, other healing modalities can be employed later when the Raindrop Technique has had time to complete its work.
6. Raindrop Techniques stimulates detoxification of the body. Therefore, it is crucial for the client to drink plenty of water following a session and avoid toxic fluids such as soda pop, coffee, or alcohol. A good rule to follow is to divide your weight in pounds by two and drink that number of ounces of pure water every day. Sometimes the detoxification process results in bodily soreness, headache, sinus drainage, coughing or a rash on the skin. While unpleasant, these symptoms are temporary and are merely an indication that the technique is working and, perhaps, saving you from a much more serious illness at a later time. If the colon, liver and kidneys are saturated with toxins and unable to function normally, the skin becomes the third organ of excretion-thus a rash. If that happens, stop using oils for a while and double your water intake. For the vast majority, Raindrop experience is a pleasant sense of improved well-being, relaxation, and rejuvenation, and, in some cases chronic ailments have fallen away immediately or have disappeared soon after the session.
7. The correction or healing of any maladies will vary widely among clients according to their needs going into the session and their willingness to release what ails them at all time. Not all problems can be solved in a single session. A state of ill health is usually the result of many years of accumulation of toxins and traumas-physical, mental, and spiritual. Each Raindrop Session can potentially correct something, but to completely return to a state of health requires changes in terms of diet, exercise, habits, and environment. No technique can lead to permanent healing unless permanent changes are made by the client to eliminate the factors that cause the ill conditions in the first place. What Raindrop Technique does is to help cleanse one of the consequences of past negative activities and affords one the opportunity to start afresh and get it right in the present and into the future.
8. Strong emotional releases can sometimes occur with Raindrop since the oils, when inhaled, go directly to the central brain which coordinates the memory of stored emotions. The oils also go directly to muscles, tissues and organs throughout the body where emotions can also be stored in cellular memory. Essential oils can penetrate cellular membranes and release these forgotten emotions. In rare instances, receivers may have a strong emotional response. In such instances, the Raindrop session has provided a safe environment to allow such expressions to manifest and work themselves out.
9. The benefits from Raindrop may not all be apparent immediately following the session. Adjustments can continue throughout the week following. Some clients experience a healing (occasionally dramatic) immediately upon receiving Raindrop. However, the completion of the benefits to the client’s mind, body, and emotions takes place over a period of hours and days following the session and may not all be evident right away. Furthermore, some of the benefits may be subtle and not noticed for a while. What problems the client may have hoped would be corrected may not as yet be healed, thus waiting to be released in a future Raindrop Session. Meanwhile, unexpected improvement may occur for chronic problems the client had not even thought of. One can never predict in advance what benefits Raindrop may bring in a given session. Therefore, evaluation of the benefits received from Raindrop Technique may take several days to assess.
10. A word about skin sensitivities. Genuine essential oils (such as those from Young Living) are generally safe to apply neat to the skin without unpleasant reactions. However, people whose bodies are in an acid condition or who have high levels of toxins may react to some oils and can develop a rash from too rapid a detox following Raindrop. For such individuals, dilution may be necessary to maintain comfort throughout the treatment. The oils WILL NOT burn the skin, but may cause heat (similar to eating spicy foods) that may be uncomfortable. This can be addressed and relieved immediately with application of simple massage oil.
Armed with this extra information about your Raindrop Technique experience, you are now prepared to relax and thoroughly enjoy the deeply restorative nature of this treatment. We look forward to seeing you soon!
*above information taken from The Center for Aromatherapy Research and Education (http://www.raindroptraining.com/) a fantastic source for information and training in Raindrop Technique